Monday, January 1, 2024

Planning Havasupai Trip

Havasupai

 Official Website

Reservations

I'm not entirely sure when the first time I heard of Havasupai but my first email I can find dates back to January 2019 so I know I tried in both 2019 and 2020 to make a reservation on opening registration days but their system was so bogged down that I couldn't even get to past the first step authenticating.   

I think because of Covid the campground was closed 2020-2022 but may have began operation again in 2023.   In 2024 at least a big improvement was made to their reservation system which allowed all users to pay a fee for a presale to reserve a date and then wait for approval.   

As luck with have it my January 15th reservation was made and on January 25th I was notified that my reservation was accepted arriving June 8th and departing June 11th which was a 4 Day / 3 Nights reservation for a group of 4 people. 

 Shockingly I received a notification on February 20th that they had accidentally overbooked reservations because of a glitch in their software, however, on February 26th I got another email letting me know that my reservation was secure.  

Initial reservation was $60 for the group plus $455 per person.  On May 24th I received a welcome email with an overview of the check-in procedures.  






No comments:

Post a Comment