Saturday, January 1, 2000

Mount Davis, Pennsylvania (3,213)

3rd High Point Visited
33th Highest State High Point
45th Most Difficult

summitpost.org
wikipedia.org


After my first two less than monumental high points of Ohio and Indiana I started to get more serious about a quest for all 50 state high points and purchased a guidebook by Don Holmes.  As part of a three state vacation with the purpose to summit Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia high points which are all nearby, Mount Davis was the first stop of the three.

After an evening nearby at a Youth Hostel in Ohiopyle, visiting Falling Waters, a Frank Llod Write home, and New Years Eve backpacking Laurel Ridge near Seven Springs Ski resort I followed directions from the High Point Guide to Mount Davis (3,213).   

I got lost trying to follow directions but eventually ended up finally finding the park entrance.   To my surprise there was a big observation tower next to the high point!    I climbed the rock where the marker was affixed before o climbing the tower.   From top of the tower there was a beautiful view!




Mount Davis (3,213), Pennsylvania - State Highpoint #3

No comments:

Post a Comment